Tuesday 6 February 2018

Make More Noise


Make More Noise is a brilliant collection of short stories of girls standing up for themselves and generally being awesome. The list of contributors is a brilliant line up of YA authors I love and I thoroughly enjoyed every inspiring story. 

My favourite story in the book was focused on the suffragette cenus boycott of 1911 by Sally Nichols which I really loved because it was a snippet of history I'd not really ever heard about before. 

I also loved Emma Carroll's World War Two story focusing on land girls and Katherine Woodfine's story looking at the inequality within Edwardian society for young girls in service. I also found Catherine Johnson's story about the 43 group particularly fascinating. 

If you've enjoyed learning about the Suffragettes or interested at look at women's history this book is definitely for you.

No comments: